Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Lean Green Smoothie

I've been kind of slacking this week in posting, mostly because Savannah hasn't really been napping much in the mornings, which is when I usually post, and also I'm trying to catch up with my homework, almost completely caught up in my Marketing class, should be done tonight. Only a few more weeks left of class then I get a little bit of a break.

After reading my last book I've been looking into Raw recipes and came upon a smoothie on allrecipes.com that sounded like it could be pretty good, called Lean Green Smoothie. I decided to make this for us for dinner last Saturday, since we had a huge lunch and we were going to the bowling ally so we could always grab something little if we were still hungry. I didn't have any mint, so I didn't add that, and I also didn't add all of a 1/2 a cup of broccoli because I didn't have that much, so I probably only added about 1/8 of a cup. Also I added a handful of baby spinach in it as well since baby spinach is a "super" food. It made about 3 large cup fulls of smoothie, I ate 1, Scott ate 2 (1 that night, and 1 the next night). It tasted pretty good, it was a little heavy on the cucumber (Scott didn't think so, but I did), so I'd probably only add 1/2 a one next time. I actually ended up making Connor a separate one that I liked even better - 1 banana, ice, handful of grapes & a handful of baby spinach.

No comments:

Post a Comment