Monday, November 28, 2011

Creating Healthy Children

Can you believe Miss. Savannah will be 1 in 3 days? I can't! Where has the time gone? In the process of getting final details for her party done, still have to order balloons, but we'll probably end up doing that Thursday when we're out and about getting her pictures done and possibly going to the Children's Museum.

So Saturday I finished reading Creating Healthy Children Through Attachment Parenting and Raw Foods by Karen Ranzi. The book was not what I expected. I picked it up more for the Attachment Parenting concepts vs the Raw Foods, but the majority of the book was about the benefits of Raw Foods. It also discusses a variety of other topics including homeschooling, vaccinations, etc. While I understand the benefits of a 100% Raw Diet I don't think our family is totally ready to give up some of our favorite foods. However, since starting to read this book we have been taking strides to eat healthier (salads, green smoothies, etc). I actually checked out a Raw Food Cookbook from the Library and we're going to try a recipe or two out of there. I'm going to take a break from reading because I'm falling a little behind in school and only have a couple of weeks left of this semester so I need to concentrate on reading my textbooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment