Thursday, June 9, 2011

Eat Well, Lose Weight While Breastfeeding

So the last 3 nights I've barley had any sleep.......ugh.........The first name is to be blamed on Connor, the second night on Savannah's cold, and then last night........which was worse than the other 2 nights combined............Savannah barley slept for more than 20 minutes at a time, poor Scott even had to deal with Savannah in the middle of the night (which he RARELY ever has to do)....we're both feeling it tonight...........stupid shots & cold.......

So today I finished reading Eat Well, Lose Weight While Breastfeeding by Eileen Behan. I thought the book was pretty good, it was a quick read (less than a week), and had a TON of information in it. I really like how it tells you exactly the type of things you need to eat and why. I think the why was the most important part of the book. I knew I should eat more fruits & veggies and less fatty stuff, but now I know that I have to in order to live a healthier life style. Will this book make me a nutrition freak? No. But it made me look at eating in a different perspective. I need to just avoid buying the non-nutritious snacks and stock up on things that are good for me and taste good too (watermelon, cantaloupe, etc). It also give you good tips on how to add nutrition to meals you already make and what to look for when you want to buy those pre-packaged meals that are easy to make. If you want to read a book about how to read right that is catered to the new-mom, pick it up. I bought mine used off of amazon for less than $10. (Note: there is an older version of this book, make sure you get the newer one because the information has been updated to current studies/trends)

No comments:

Post a Comment