Sunday, September 25, 2011

Zesty Salsa

Sitting here watching some football, even though I don't really want to..... I honestly don't care if the Packer's win or not. Trying to decide if I really want to make dinner or if we should just kind of wing it and make whatever. It's almost 6 so I guess we should decide soon......

So yesterday was the big salsa day with Jessica! We followed the same recipe as last year (except we had a different mixture of hot peppers). We quadrupled the recipe, and we were suppose to get about 24 pints, but ended up getting 28! Which is awesome, because if it's anywhere near as good as last year I'll be glad to have those couple extra. Last year I gave away all the salsa except 1 jar, which I wanted to kick myself for after I tried it. I will not be making the same mistake this year, we'll be keeping almost all of it for ourselves! The recipe called for 24 pounds of tomatoes, 6 pounds of onions, 8 pounds of green peppers, 4 pounds of hot peppers, 12 cloves of garlic, some cilantro, some apple cider vinegar & a little hot sauce. Can't wait to try it! I really hope it's close to as good as last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment