Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sweetened Spaghetti Squash

So like always the weekend has gone by way to fast and it is already Sunday night! Yesterday we had a 50th anniversary party to go to and then Connor decided he wanted to spend the night at Grandma & Grandpa's (he hasn't done that since the beginning of July) so last night was pretty quiet in the house. Now we're making some dinner and then probably going to watch a movie.

So today I decided finally I was going to make the spaghetti squash that I picked from our garden. So I went to my trustee website allrecipes.com and found the recipe Sweetened Spaghetti Squash. Obviously I did not try it, because I do NOT like squash, but Scott ate it. He said it was awesome & was even better than the kind his mom made (I guess she doesn't put enough brown sugar on it). This was the first time he's had spaghetti squash but he said it did taste a lot like the acorn squash that he is use to. So as the squash continues to ripen in the garden this is something I'll probably make again fairly soon for him. (I think even Connor took a bite and said he liked it!!!) Oh, and the only difference between ours and the recipe is Scott just ate it right out of it instead of putting it into a bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment