Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Habanero Jelly

It's Tuesday, and there's lots to do today! After dropping Connor off at school I cleaned up the kitchen, cleaned pumpkin seeds (going to roost them tonight), cleaned the kids room a little and folded some laundry, and read some of my Employment Law Textbook. After work tonight I have to roast the seeds, make zucchini bars for work tomorrow & deviled eggs (pot luck at work!), plus Scott has homework to do and I'll have to take my 1st Employment Law test.......should be fun I guess, lol.

So Sunday Jessica came over and we did some canning. We decided to make some Habanero Jelly - this was her idea, and I loved the idea, so I jumped on the bandwagon! I got the Habanero's from Gary (in-laws neighbor) - 8 of them to be exact - but they were pretty large in size. We didn't even actually measure how much we had, we just used them all, since the recipe called for 1/2 cup cut up. Thankfully Jessica brought over her food processor, so we didn't have to sit there and chop everything! The recipe made 11 of the 1/4 pint jars (didn't even know that size existed until that day). I think this will be the perfect size to use the jelly. I'm really looking forward to putting it on cream cheese and eating it with crackers! Since it was Jessica's idea to make the jelly she got 6 jars and I got 5 - and I gave 1 of them to Gary since he provided the Habaneros. Can't wait to eat it! Yumm!

No comments:

Post a Comment