Friday, June 1, 2012

Quicker Chicken 'n Dumplings

Well happy 18 month birthday Miss. Savannah! Can't believe it's been 18 months since you were born! It's amazing how quickly you grow and how much of your own person you are. She is so stubborn at times, so independent at times and yet way more cuddly than Connor was at this age. It's amazing how different siblings can really be.

So awhile back I tried another recipe out of my Taste of Home Simple & Delicious Cookbook - pg. 30, called Quicker Chicken 'n Dumplings. I love chicken and dumplings and really wanted to try this out. Ingredients: chicken broth, celery, carrots, bay leaf (didn't use one), dried parsley, biscuit mix, dried thyme, nutmeg, milk, & cooked cubed chicken. The recipe turned out really yummy, however I did not have to cook it nearly as long as the recipe calls for. Not sure why but I ran out of broth way before it was time but thankfully everything was cooked and ready to eat. I will definitely be making this again in the future though!

No comments:

Post a Comment