Friday, June 29, 2012

Blackened Fish Salad

So tomorrow my baby turns 5 years old. Where on earth did the time go? I might cry tomorrow....... We're doing the usual birthday tradition, pictues, zoo, dinner, and we also have to run out to Aunt Missy's to celebrate Lily's Birthday (Monday is her actual birthday).

Working my way through my favorite cookbook, on page 59 of Taste of Home: Simple & Delicious is the recipe called Blackened Fish Salad. Ingredients: cajun blackened grilled fish fillets, deli pasta, baby spinach, and parmesan cheese. We used THIS pasta salad (my all time favorite!!!) and we actually forgot to put the parmesan cheese onto it (didn't realize until a couple of days later when we were having spaghetti and Scott went to use it and it hadn't been opened yet, oops!). I really enjoyed this recipe but unfortunately no one else in the house did. Scott isn't a big fan of the fish, and the kids devoured the pasta part of it they barley touched the rest of it. I hope I can convince them to make this again, but I might not be able too.

No comments:

Post a Comment