Saturday, June 23, 2012

Nacho Chicken Pitas

What better way to spend a Saturday night then cleaning the house? Right? Lol! That's exactly what we're doing. Cleaning for 10 minutes, breaking for 10 minutes. You'd be surprised at how much you can get done in 10 minutes. Neither Scott or I are very good at keeping the house clean, so in order for us to get anything done we have to take it in brief periods.

So we're slowly working through my favorite cookbook "Taste of Home: Simple & Delicious". This time we tried Nacho Chicken Pitas on page 48. Ingredients: Egg, Nacho Cheese Tortilla Chips, Chicken Breasts, Mayo (not on mine), Pita Bread, Lettuce (right out of the garden!), Tomato, and Mozzarella Cheese. OMG, this tasted so good! I absolutely loved it. The pita bread however was hard to work with, it didn't seem like I could get very much inside of it. I think next time I'll take the same basic ingredients but make it more into a salad. I really do not like Nacho Tortilla Chips, but the way it was used for breading on the chicken was so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment