Friday, July 27, 2012

One Breath Away

So the Festival is this weekend (St. Dennis Festival), should be a lot of fun! I think this is the first !year where Connor really remembers what it's all about, so he's super excited. I made some chocolate chip zucchini muffins for the sweet tooth booth and we're going to try and find some stuff for the treasure chest (but since we waited until the last minute, I'm not sure if we will have time). Also can't wait until Sunday to pay my $5 to get a whole bag of books!

So recently I finished reading One Breath Away by Heather Gudenkauf. This is the third book she's written, and I've read all of her books now. This particular one just came out at the end of June and as soon as I could I put myself on the waiting list at the library. I was excited to read her new book and I was not disappointed. Her writing always draws me in and I always finish her books very quickly. With having children, this book definitely brings to mind my worst nightmare of sending my children to school. Thankfully all turns well with very little injury to anyone in the story. I can honestly say, for once, I did not guess who the villain was and was surprised at the end of the story. If you've read her other books and enjoyed them, definitely pick up her newest one! Now is the wait until she writes another one! I'm sure I'll read that one right away too!

No comments:

Post a Comment