Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Beyond The Sling

Last night I got some cleaning done. If you know me & Scott we're not much into deep cleaning. Mostly we do enough to get by without looking like complete pigs all the time. However, I would really like to try and keep my house cleaner than its current level but it's difficult to do because of the kids, school, and work. Last night I spent around 1.5 hours cleaning. I cleaned out the fridge completely and I started on our bathroom. I literally took everything out of the bathroom (drawers, shelves, etc) and working on cleaning it and organizing and throwing stuff out. Couldn't finish it all last night but I should be able to tonight.

So about a week and a half ago I finished reading Beyond The Sling by Mayim Bialik. I've been meaning to read this book for awhile and had actually gotten it once before from the Library but at that time I just didn't have enough time to actually sit down and read it. I'm glad I finally got to read it. It reads very easily (read it in only a few days) and briefly touches on all aspects of Attachment Parenting. I follow some of the "rules" of attachment parenting but there are areas I do not. Even if you think attachment parenting is "crazy" I recommend you reading this book to get a good idea on what it's all about. It's really not all that "crazy" it's more about listening to yourself and trusting your instincts that you know how to parent your children. I'm really glad she has a reference section in the back of the book so I can get some more books on a couple of the subjects since within the length of the book she truly could not go into a huge amount of detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment