Thursday, October 20, 2011

Easy Slow Cooker Turkey Breast

So I started (once again) working on cleaning Connor's room. This time I'm going by a new approach. I'm taking absolutely everything out of his room and slowly going to put the toys back and where they belong. Hopefully this will weed out the "junk" that we can get rid of, without Connor realizing it of course, because to him all the stuff is "awesome!" Hopefully I'll get it done by Nov 6th because of my Pampered Chef party I'm having.

So last night for dinner we had Broccoli with Cheese Sauce, Pasta Roni, and a Turkey Breast. I have never made a Turkey Breast, but I found the recipe in "The Essential 4 Recipes" cookbook from Tastefully Simple. The only difference is, the recipe calls for a 3-4 pound bone-in turkey breast, well at Woodmans I couldn't find one with the bone, so I bought a boneless one instead. The recipe turned out great. It was quick (well to get it ready to go on the slow cooker) and easy. We immediately cut the meat in 1/2 and put it in the freezer so we can enjoy it again in a week or two. Totally recommend checking out this little cook book, this is the 2nd recipe we've tried from it so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment