Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Applesauce

Sad news today.......... I tossed out my favorite pair of shoes....... I've had them for over 6 years. You may ask, why did you toss them then? Well they were a pair of chunky black sandals, and the tops of them were starting to peel really bad, so I really couldn't wear them out anywhere...... so in the trash they went. Probably should have tossed them a long time ago, but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

So after picking apples this past Saturday it was time to make all those apples into applesauce. 42 pounds of apples takes a long time to cut, core and cook. Then we ran it through a meat grinder, and since we don't have the type of grinder that separates the skins from the good stuff I (well mostly Scott) had to run all of it through a food mill. It took awhile and we didn't finish until almost 10 p.m. I sure hope it turns out better than last year. I didn't realize the skins weren't taken out last year, so they were left in. I realized it when I finally opened a jar this past week. I'm so sorry to those who I gave a jar to, if you get one this year I promise it'll be a heck of a lot better!

No comments:

Post a Comment