Friday, October 14, 2011

Apple Butter

It's finally Friday! WOHO! :) Today is Connor's Fall Festival at school, so Scott has the day off and we're going to go meet Connor there in a little bit. After that we're going to head to McDonald's for lunch, and then I'll have to head to work while the rest of the family gets to go home and take a nap.

So after picking apples and making applesauce this past weekend, we used some of the applesauce to make Apple Butter. Apple Butter reminds me of going to my brother's grandma's when I was little, I remember eating it all the time. It was SO GOOD! I really hope mine turned out 1/2 as good as I remember it being. we cooked it down for about 24 hours (we were going to finish it Sunday morning before the baseball game, but it wasn't finished yet so when we got home we had to finish it). I can't wait to try it, and I will also be giving some of it away to a few select individuals for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment