Friday, May 11, 2012

Black Bean Taco Salad

So Scott is officially done for the semester, and he received a 4.0. I am almost done, I have until Tuesday night to finish up everything. I still have 2 small assignments, a large project and a test. I just finished up reading the last chapters in one of my books and I'm about to watch two small videos but then I'll leave the rest for the next four days - should be able to finish it no problem!

So recently I once again turned to my cookbook - Taste of Home : Simple & Delicious, on page 44 is a Black Bean Taco Salad. I saw this recipe and immediately thought of Scott (he LOVES taco's). Ingredients: ground beef, lettuce, tomato, black beans, Catalina salad dressing, and nacho cheese chips. I do not like nacho cheese (Doritos) chips, so instead I just used some plain tortilla chips I had that I eat with my salsa. I'm not sure if it's because I used different chips but I did NOT enjoy this recipe. Maybe it was the dressing? I'm not sure. Scott used regular Doritos and he seemed to enjoy it, so maybe that was my problem? Either way, I don't think I'll be making this again anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment