Monday, May 21, 2012

Arcadia

Monday already? Where did the weekend go? We didn't have a horribly busy weekend, I went to Scott's cousins' bridal shower yesterday and Connor & Scott went to see the Avengers but other than that it was a pretty lazy weekend. Anyone do anything fun?

So a few weeks ago we held our book club at Aunt Missy's house. The book this time was Arcadia by Lauren Groff. I actually hadn't finished the book in time for book club (the wait list at the library was super long and I only receive the book the Monday before book club). However, since then I have finished the book. The book was interesting and kept me guessing. There were parts of the book that seemed not to be resolved that I wish were. I think the hardest part of the book to understand was the first section. The sections are written in the perspective of the main character at different times of his life and the first section was when he was five. It was hard to understand what exactly was going on but some of the things were answered later on in the book. After you get past the first section of the book its fairly easy reading. I didn't love the book but it was interesting enough that I would recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment