Sunday, February 12, 2012

Zesty Potato Cheese Soup

So it's Sunday. I wanted today to be a relaxing day with not much to do but unfortunatley I didn't get nearly enough done yesterday so that just isn't going to happen. I have to finish up a bunch of Week 4 homework, and then at some point I have to go to Woodman's and I also just need to pick up the house!

So a couple of weeks ago I decided to make Zesty Potato Cheese Soup, which is on PG 133 of a cookbook I've had for awhile. I've made a few recipes out of this book and none of them have disappointed me. This soup has cream of potato soup, evaporated milk, cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese, and bacon. We've since made this soup since the first time and we added 1 baking potato to it to add a little more to it and its perfect. Scott said this is probably his new favorite soup, and I'm not much of a soup person but I love this as well. This recipe is so easy and I highly recommend purchasing this cookbook (I know, you can find a ton of recipes online, but sometimes it's just fun to have a cookbook in the house). I got this particular cookbook at Walmart a few years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment