Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Vaccine Book

I'm so tired. Ate way to much food today........... really don't want to exercise tonight, but I really need to since I haven't done it since my class last Thursday night. 47 Days Until Florida, ideally I would LOVE to lose 10 pounds but I'm thinking 5 is a bit more realistic, so we'll go with that.

So I recently finished reading The Vaccine Book by Robert W. Sears M.D., FAAP. I had never thought about questioning the vaccine schedule of my children until I read Creating Healthy Children. I really wish I would have questioned things a lot sooner and read this before Connor was born, but unfortunately I didn't. This book was recommended by a friend, who said it was the most "down the middle, straight facts" of all the vaccine books she's seen. I'm glad I now have the information I need to make an informed decision that will work for my family and me and what I feel is best for them. I do feel vaccines are important, but not all of them, and not necessarily in the time frame and amounts they are given. I urge any new parent or going to be parent to read this. You may still decide to go with what your Dr. recommends but I fully believe you can't make an informed decision until you have all the information. This is a book I picked up at the Library and will either purchase it for reference or check it out a few more times. It's a lot of information to absorb at once and it'll be nice to go back and review. Now I'm going to read a book that Chrissy lent me (I'll actually probably finish it tonight!)

No comments:

Post a Comment