Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Zucchini Bars

Why is it some days there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day? Today is definitely one of those days! Didn't get home until about 8 p.m., had to put away groceries, Scott gave the kids a bath, run out to the garden, played with the kids for a little while and now it's 9:30 which means I have to feed Savannah shortly and go to bed.........run run run.........

Sunday, for Katie's Birthday Celebration I made some Zucchini Bars, which I found the recipe on allrecipes.com. I used some of my zucchini I grew in the garden and made a cream cheese & powder sugar frosting, yummy! I rung out the water from the zucchini as some of the comments suggested, but because of that I think I ended up not putting in enough zucchini. It still tasted good but it could have been better. I think if I would use this recipe again I would add more zucchini and try adding a few more spices to it. Also I really liked the frosting, but some people thought it was a little to sugary so maybe cut back on the powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment