Saturday, July 30, 2011

Pass The Corn Please

Savannah is in the process of falling asleep on my bed, and Scott & Connor are over at the neighbors to see him for his birthday. The weekend is more than half over already.......this morning Scott & Connor picked up the Moore's and headed to the Christian Family Reunion. Savannah & I went over to JcPenney's to use up my coupons that expired today. Retail price = $116.02, I paid $7.28! Yes I know, I'm awesome, lol!

So this weekend is the annual St. Dennis Festival, and with that means LOTS of corn! And can I say, I don't think I've ever had such awesome corn. It's absolutely perfect this year! Most years its almost a little underdone, but with the hot weather & the rain we've had this year I knew it was going to be amazing, and I was right! I'm not going to eat nearly as many pieces as last year though (reason #1 - last year I was preggo, reason #2 - don't have as much $$ this year), but I have had 3 pieces so far this weekend and will probably have another piece or two tomorrow. Savannah loved the corn too and played with it for quit a while (on 2 different occasions). If you haven't had a chance to get out there and get some, make sure you do tomorrow, the money they make is for a good cause!

No comments:

Post a Comment