Monday, May 16, 2011

Your Childs Self-Esteem

So tonight we got to go to Cheeseburger in Paradise for Matt's Birthday (tomorrow), yumm! I had a bacon cheeseburger, and I shouldn't have eaten it all, but it was delicious! I can't believe he's going to be 19 years old tomorrow, I still have vivid memories of him when he was just older than Connor, dang I'm getting old!!

So yesterday I finished the book Your Child's Self Esteem by Dorothy Corkille Briggs. Overall I liked the book and agreed with a lot of things in the book. It gave great examples and specifics on ways to make sure your child will have high self-esteem. The book was written in the 70's, so as you read the book you will notice some things out of date, but most of it still applies. I would recommend for anyone with children to read this book, but don't expect to necessarily agree with everything. Use it as a tool to grow, and pick and choose the things that will really help you help your child.

No comments:

Post a Comment