Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Leftovers

I can't believe summer is almost over with. I start my semester in 5 days and Connor starts school in 13 days. I can't believe I'm going to have a kindergartner in under 2 weeks! Where did the time go? We got all of his school supplies a couple of weeks ago now we just have to sharpen the pencils and we're good to go. I'm so hoping it'll go smoothly but I haven't a feeling this is going to be a huge adjustment for us.

So for this months book club, it was Jessica's turn to pick and so we read The Leftovers by Tom Perrotta. Overall we were all pretty torn on how we liked the book. A couple of people loved the book and a couple of people (myself included) seemed to not. I felt like there was way to many things left open that could have been addressed. Me & Sarah both felt it would have been more interesting if it would have focused more on the people who disappeared and how that happened. Either way it was a pretty decent book. It wouldn't be one of my first choices to recommend to someone but I wouldn't say not to read it, make sense?

No comments:

Post a Comment