Saturday, March 17, 2012

Chili Cheese Fries

Our usually Saturday is almost half way done already. Karate, Library, followed by a little TV time to relax in the morning. I finished watching Private Practice on the computer (anyone else have problems DVR'ing it the other day?) Now we're making some lunch and maybe going to take a nap before going to the grocery store and then Scott has bowling tonight. Nothing to out of the ordinary just a typical Saturday in our house.

So last Friday night we made Chili Cheese Fries (pg 64). Ingredients: French Fries, vegetarian chili, hot dogs, onion, and shredded cheddar cheese. I did omit the onion since I'm not a big fan and we also used the large steak fries. I didn't end up eating this for dinner with Scott & the kids since I got a last minute invite to Prime Quarter, however I did take a couple of bites as I was heading out the door and it tasted wonderful! Friday nights are our "unhealthy" dinner nights. Either pizza (home made), burgers (turkey), and fries (baked, not fried usually) or something else that satisfies our salty, greasy needs once a week. This will definitely be made again at some point!

No comments:

Post a Comment