Monday, January 2, 2012

Fresh Pear Pie

Today is the Rose Bowl, are you going to watch it? We're going to make some left over snacks that we didn't end up making for New Years Eve and just hang out around the house today. Connor is currently at school, but Scott & I both have off of work so Scott is in the middle of taking the Christmas Tree down, sad!

So for family get-to-gether's I usually make some sort of dessert. This year for the in-laws house and the Viken's house I made a Fresh Pear Pie. I've never made a pear pie before and have actually never heard of a pear pie but I decided to try it. I doubled everything in the recipe so I could make 2 pies but I didn't actually measure the amount of cups of pears I used used 4 pears for each pie. The Father-In-Law and Scott said they LOVED this pie. It tasted very similar to an apple pie but better. I'm not exactly sure how it was better as I don't usually eat pies because I hate the texture of cooked fruit, but they loved it so I'm sure I'll make this one again!

No comments:

Post a Comment