Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

So tonight Connor had gymnastics....and ugh......it was a rough night......he yelled at his teacher, which he has never done before. I had to pull him out for about five minutes, threaten to leave, and then finally *after a couple attempts* got him to go apologize to his teacher....ugh...hopefully this doesn't happen in two weeks. Madison has spring break next week, so he doesn't have class then. Only a couple of more weeks, and then it's summer break (not sure if we're going back in the fall), and then swim lessons start for both kids!!

So FINALLY I finished the book I was suppose to finish for book club several months ago. Unfortunately we still haven't met to talk about the book.....not sure exactly what happened with our book club, but it kind of crumbled....hopefully we can continue on again in the fall. So the book was The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. Overall it was a pretty good book. I can't really give a good review on it because it took me so long to finish the book (not entirely the book's fault). I will say I enjoyed it more the second half (which I read in about a week or so, so I remember it!) The first half took me so long to read that I kept getting the characters confused and couldn't figure out who had written what to whom. It may be worth reading again some day, and I'll make sure I read it faster so I understand/like it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment