Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Baby-led Weaning

So Scott is at his bowling banquet tonight, so it's just me & the kids again. We're all in bed right now, Savannah is sleeping & Connor is watching Over The Hedge. Usually we do baths right about now, but I'm breaking routine for the night....to keep my sanity, and it's always fun for Connor to break routine once and awhile....just got to make sure we don't do it to often.

So yesterday I finally finished Baby-led Weaning The Essential Guide to Introducing Solid Foods and Helping Your Baby to Grow Up a Happy and Confident Eater by Gill Rapley and Tracey Murkett (purchased on amazon for around $10). I 100% recommend this book to anyone who has a baby and is going to be introducing food to soon, or anyone who will be watching babies. The whole philosophy of the book is to have the baby eat when they are ready! They feed themselves when they are physically and mentally ready to eat. There is no "stages" like with purees, no right or wrong order to introduce food. The whole point of offering food is for the baby to learn about different textures, shapes, sizes, etc. Babies have a natural survival instinct, they will eat when they need to, and they will eat what they need to eat as long as they are offered it. I could go on and on about this books and the benefits about Baby-led Weaning, but I'll stop at this. Go out and buy this book!! I know I definitely will be going back to certain parts of the book- suggestions on what works best at the beginning, ways to prepare the food, etc. One last thing - it SAVES money and will also help you to eat better too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment