Thursday, August 19, 2010

Michigan International Speedway

I can't believe summer is coming to an end. I start school next week, and we're 2 weeks away from being in September already, CRAZY!!!! Connor finished up his swimming lessons on Tuesday, he did not pass. Not that big of a deal, we didn't expect him to anyways. It was preschool 1, which is 3-5 year olds and he just turned 3. So he'll be taking it again next summer.

This past weekend we were in Michigan for our 5th and final trip of the year!! It was super hot all weekend, but we did stay at a new campground this year so we got to use the a/c in the camper, which was SUPER NICE!! Friday John, Scott & me went over to the track for the time trials and bought some souvenirs. Saturday we went swimming which felt really good & just kind of hung out. Sunday was the race! I have never been to a hotter race, it was in the mid 80's and we sit on bleachers, so you know we got some sun!!! I had to go down to the bathrooms a couple of times to try and cool off with a wet paper towel, but overall I think I did pretty good with the heat. After the race we took our dinner to the beach and went swimming again. Monday was the drive home, after all the heat & fresh air I pretty much slept the entire way home! It was nice to get home and see Connor, but the weekend went by way to fast!



No comments:

Post a Comment