Saturday, August 21, 2010

Toppings & Pickles

So it's a Saturday night, and what am I doing?? Sitting here listening to Jessica & Justin & Scott listening to the football game on TV. Also wondering if I have enough energy to watch a movie tonight, or if I should just take a shower & go to bed.... we shall see!!!

So today was the big canning day! Me & Connor went to the Door Creek Orchard today and picked a TON of raspberries. Pretty sure Connor ate just about as many as we picked, but oh well. Scott came and helped with the last 1/4 of them after work because I just couldn't deal with the mosquito's anymore. We were there for almost 2 hours! After getting home & eating lunch, Jessica & Justin came over and we began our canning experience. First we made Chocolate Raspberry Ice Cream Topping. The recipe was suppose to make 6 - 1/2 pint jars, but we ended up making 8. Then it was onto dill pickles. Man did those take FOREVER!!!! The recipe we used was suppose to make 3 quart sized jars, so we quadrupled it so we could each have 6 of them, well.... it ended up making 21 total instead of 12, HOLY COW! Oh well, now we (or should I say I) have lots of pickles to give away for Christmas! It took just under 7 hours to complete all of them, and I'm exhausted! My kitchen is a disaster, oh well, it can wait until tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment