Sunday, January 2, 2011

Safe Haven

So we are now officially in 2011. Can you believe it?? New Years was pretty uneventful. Scott & I switched off picking out movies to watch, while we ate some good food. Connor was asleep by 11 p.m., and Savannah missed midnight by about fifteen minutes. Shortly after minute we were in bed snoozing away. Yesterday was the Rose Bowl. Wisconsin was a disappointment, but I don't entirely believe it was our fault.....there were a few bad calls. Jessica & Justin came over and watched the game, and Rob came over at half time. After the game we played a few games of Clue, which was a lot of fun. Now Scott wants to designate a monthly game night, sounds good to me!!

So a couple of days ago I started reading the book Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks. I received this from GG for Christmas. I'm pretty sure I've read every Nicholas Sparks book there is, because I LOVE his work. This book definitely did not disappoint. I was hooked pretty much from the beginning. Its about a women who was married to an alcoholic, and abusive husband. She finally gets away and starts a life in a new town with a new name. She finds love & a family that she has never had and couldn't imagine a better life. Unfortunately after everything seems perfect, he finds her. If you like Nicholas Sparks, you will love this book. The only thing wrong with his books is that I like them to much, and I read them to quickly. I highly recommend it, and I can't wait until his next book comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment