Monday, December 20, 2010

Ina May's Guide to Childbirth

A couple of more days before Christmas and lots to do! Connor & I have dentist appointments tonight, and then Connor has a make-up Gymnastics class tonight. Tomorrow Scott has bowling, Wednesday is our work Christmas party, then it's Thursday & then Christmas Eve!! This week is just going to fly by!

Well, a couple of months ago I decided I did want to buy a couple of pregnancy related books. I read What to Expect with Connor, but wanted something more aimed in natural childbirth. So I ordered two books online, one of them being Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin. Even though I didn't finish the book until now, I did have more than half of it finished when Savannah was born. The first half of the book is dedicated to stories about mothers having a natural childbirth, and the second half is more about what actually goes on in labor/delivery, and talks about complications that can arrise with using interventions & medications. Even if you aren't for 100% natural childbirth, I completely recommend this book. I will definetly be reading it if/when there is a #3 on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment